Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu inaugurated the new legislative Assembly and Legislative Council at Velagapudi on Thursday.
The building, the construction of which was completed in less than seven months and at the cost of over Rs 180 crore, is in the Interim Secretariat Complex. It will host the first budget sessions to be held in AP post bifurcation from March 6.
Lets have a look at some of the state-of-the-art features of the Assembly.
– A unique feature of the Assembly hall is replacement of the traditional mikes with ultra modern audio system. This set-up negates the unruly scenes from representatives who occasionally resort to breaking of mikes.
– The Speaker’s podium is constructed at height of more than 6 feet so that no legislator can storm towards the podium or throw papers at the Speaker.
– The entire audio system can be controlled by the Speaker from his podium. Hence, the Speaker will be the master control of the entire audio system inside the Assembly Hall.
– The entire Assembly hall, including the desks, is constructed with sound proof material.
– The building has separate chambers for the CM, Leader of Opposition, Speaker, deputy speaker, whips and other officials.