New Delhi: Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) President K Chandrasekhar Rao called on Congress President Sonia Gandhi, triggering speculation of the possible coming together of the Congress and the TRS for the upcoming simultaneous Assembly and Parliament elections in Telangana.
After the nearly 30-minute meeting at her 10, Janpath residence in the capital, Rao said he submitted a report to Sonia Gandhi on issues concerning Telangana. “She has assured me that she is going to address all our concerns and discuss them with the PM,” he said.
The following are mentioned in the Note submitted to Sonia Gandhi by KCR
- Only 27 IAS, 10 IPS and 15 IFS officers belonging to Telangana in the present Andhra Pradesh cadre. This is against the requirement of 50 IAS, 35 IPS and 35 IFS officers in cadre strength of 150 for IAS, 100 IPS and 100 IFS. A large number of Telangana officers are working in other States, who should be permitted to work for at least five years in Telangana on deputation, he urged Sonia Gandhi.
- National project status for Pranahita-Chevella irrigation project.
- Inclusion of Telangana in the Special Category Status.
- Allocation of 500 mw from NTPC for at least a period of three years from the Central pool.
- Sanction of AIIMS and IIM for Telangana.
- Adequate gas allocation for the Shankarapally and Nendunur Power Projects.