Senior BJP leader M.Venkaiah Naidu said that they would fight for corrections in AP Reorganisation Bill – 2013. It is reported that the centre will make a statement on assurances like special package for Seemandhra region, among others.
It is reported that the centre has given a written assurance to BJP leaders on some other issues like tax exemption and others.
BJP has agreed for the promise of a statement by the prime minister in the house on these assurances. However, BJP may not be so firm on Bill corrections after all, as the bill will have to get the approval of Lok Sabha again if the corrections are made.
Here are the few important suggestions demanded by various Political parties in the Telangana Bill:
Assurances on special package for Seemandhra region. and others
Assurance on security of Seemandhra public in Hyderabad and others.
1. Assembly seats in Telangana region should be increased from 119 to 153. For this a high level should be appointed.
2. Central should fund Rupees 5 Lakh crore for new capital in Seemandhra region.
3. National status to Pranahitha Chavella project.
4. Water issues with Orissa should be solved and Uttarandhra water crisis need a permanent solution.
5. High court for Seemandhra should be built away from its new capital in Seemandhra.
6. Vijayawada should be made transport hub and New International airports should constructed in Tirupathi and Gannavaram.
7. Visakhapatnam to be considered as new railway zone.
8. Polavaram should be started only when the local people are rehabilitated to new places with all facilities.
9. Airport Authority of India should take over Visakhapatnam airport.
10. Centre should establish Tribal universities in both states.
Telugu desam party
TDP demanded 4928 amendments in Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Bill 2013
The Centre should lower the time for keeping Hyderabad as common capital for three years instead of 10 years
Powers on Hyderabad should be vested with the Telangana Chief Minister
A new building for High Court should be constructed for Telangana within three months after creation of the new State
Centre should identify the employees on the basis of their local area certificates because the Telangana State will not bear the burden of Seemandhra employees
Power produced in Telangana should be supplied to Telangana region only, the Centre should establish a veterinary university, AIIMC, IIM, NTPC and other
The Centre should divide the Public Sector institutions on the basis of their assets and Head of departments, Zonal Gazatted Officers should be allotted to the region where they worked for more years.
Khairatabad revenue mandal area in the city of Hyderabad should be the interim capital of the State of Andhra Pradesh for a period not
exceeding two years.
After expiry of the period, Hyderabad shall be the sole capital of the State of Telangana and there shall be a new capital for the State of
Choice of the new capital should be done expeditiously so that preparatory work can be started for a permanent capital for the residuary
State in its own territory at the earliest. “We would rather suggest that the Central government should decide the new capital for the residuary
State and incorporate this provision in the AP Reorganisation Bill itself
Objection to common Governor both the State as it would make him a “Super Governor”
AP Bhavan to be the asset of Telangana State.