Viswa Vikhayata Nata Sarwa Bhowma NTR’s magnum opus Lava Kusa would be completing 50 years in couple of days from now which is regarded as one of the greatest movies of all time Telugu Movie History . It has re-written the box office definition and has given a timesofap newsnew definition for blockbuster playing for more than 200 days in many centers of release .
The movie is a mythology genre set in the backdrop of Uttarakanda – about how Sita is sent to exile by Rama on an accussation , the birth of Lava and Kusa for Rama and Sita , the aswamedha Yaga and how the kids Lava and Kusa Challenge their father Rama , the pattabhishekam of Lava Kusa and the end of Rama Avatar .The movie is beautifully shot capturing the emotions of Rama , Sita and two brave kids Lava and Kusa who defy the Lord Rama himself .
Some Interesting facts on Lava Kusa which many may not know
- The movie has witneseed people moving from villages on bullock cartsas groups to their town’s nearest theatre and was in the awe of mesmerizing performances from the legend NTR timesofap movie newsas Lord Rama, Anjali Devi as Sita and the two energetic and terrific Lava and Kusa .
- The movie has won the National award for best feature film in Telugu and is later dubbed into Tamil and Kannada where it registered huge response for the NTR’s performance as the king Lord Rama
- The Shoot of the movie went for five years with producer Shankar Reddy from Naidu Palem of Kodavlur Mandalm in Nellore Dist.timesofap.com going into finanical crisis – but eventually pulled of the blockbuster.
- Eventually , for the producer – his next movie with ANR as lead ” Rahasyam” failed to click with the audience giving him great financial loss
- The movie was started under the direction of the great director C.Pulliah and after he has fell sick during the course of the movie , his son C S Rao has taken up the direction mantle . C S Rao was the husband of once leading Telugu Actress Raja Sulochana who has died few weeks ago recently.
- On a lighter vein , the movie being shot for five years – one can see the Lava Kusha grown much older in some of the songs.
Lava Kusa is one of standout movies of Telugu Film History , with great artists spearheaded by one of the greatest artists of the Indian Cinema NTR and supported well great technicians . A movie which will stand in the memories of Telugu Audience for a long long time to come.
Enjoy the Telugu Song Classics from Lava Kusa – Vinudi Vinudi Ramayana Gadha , sree ramuni charithamunu , Jagadabi Ramudu Sree ramudu from Lava Kusa