Samsung unveiled its new flagship smartphone – the Galaxy S4 – at a Broadway-inspired event at New York City. The fourth generation Galaxy S phone includes a number of improvements and enhancements over its predecessors – the Galaxy S III. A list of the highlights and specifications of the Samsung Galaxy S4.
– The Samsung Galaxy S4 will be rolled out with 327 mobile operators in 155 countries, from the end of April and will run Jelly Bean 4.2.2.
– There will be a 3G or 4G LTE version of the Galaxy S4. 4G LTE, will support up to 6 different band sets for global LTE roaming.
– The S4 will have a 1.9 GHz Quad-Core Processor or a 1.6 GHz Octa-Core Processor. The selection of the processor will be differed by markets.
– The Samsung Galaxy S4 weighs 130g and is 7.9mm thick.
– Galaxy S4 has a Full HD Super AMOLED display, with a 5-inch screen. The display measures 1920×1080 pixels at 441 ppi.
– The phone will be available in 16/32/64 GB user memory options along with a microSD slot to support up to 64GB additional space.
– The device has 2GB of RAM.
– The S4 has a 2,600 mAh battery.
– The Galaxy S4 is made out of polycarbonate and available in Black Mist and White Frost options. More colours becoming available later this year.
– The Galaxy S4 supports HSPA+42 Mbps and LTE.
– The phone has a 13MP rear camera and a 2MP front camera. It also has a Dual Camera function for taking simultaneous photos and videos.
– Other camera features are Sound & Shot and Drama Shot. It also automatically creates a photo album with Story Album.
– Air View optimised for the Galaxy S4. Allows users to preview content by hovering their fingers.
– S Translator provides instant translation for email, text message and ChatON, in 9 different languages. No Indian languages though.
– Air Gesture in the Galaxy S4 allows users to navigate the phone without actually touching it.
– The Samsung Galaxy S4 lets users control the screen by where they look with Samsung Smart Pause and Samsung Smart Scroll.
– The Samsung Galaxy S4 comes complete with S Health, Samsung Adapt Display and Samsung Adapt Sound.
Samsung Galaxy S IV key specifications
- 5-inch full-HD (1080×1920) Super AMOLED display (441 ppi)
- 1.9GHz quad-core processor/ 1.6GHz octa-core processor (Depending upon region)
- 2GB RAM
- 16/32/64 GB Storage (expandable by 64GB via microSD slot)
- 13-megapixel rear camera, 2-megapixel front camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, IR LED, MHL 2.0
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 2,600 mAh battery
- 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9mm
- 130 grams
Introducing Samsung GALAXY S 4
Please Read Disclaimer