Highly spiced chicken, done the way it’s cooked along the highway.Very easy to prepare at home.
- 1 chicken – cut into pieces, washed and wiped
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 dried red chilly
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup onion – chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- salt – to taste
- Wash the chicken thoroughly.
- Heat oil and add cumin, bay leaves, and dried red chilly.
- When the cumin begins to splutter, add garam masala, onion and sauté for sometime over medium flame till onions are a little soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste, powdered masalas, chicken, salt and sauté over high heat till chicken is opaque.
- Lower the flame to low and stir fry till tender and fat separates.
- Add water to the consistency of the gravy you want and cook some more.
- Garnish with chopped coriander