Learn how to make Arhar Dal recipe using our easy to make homemade Arhar Dal recipes. Try this homemade Arhar Dal cooking recipe at your home.
- 1 cup Split Red Lentil (Masoor Dal)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed Powder (Jeera)
- 2 Green Chilli (Hari mirch)
- 2 Dry Red Chily (Saboot Lal Mirchi)
- 1 tsp chopped Ginger (Adrak)
- 2 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
- 10 gms Mixed Spices (onion seeds,fenugreek seeds,aniseeds,cuminseeds and mustard seeds) 2 tblsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
How to make arhar dal:
- Wash the dal and cook the dal in a sauteuse with the turmeric, salt and the sugar over a medium flame.
- Add half of the ginger to the dal along with the cumin powder.
- When the dal is cooked and thick remove from the fire.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the mixed spices,(a little of onion seeds, fenugreek seeds , aniseeds, cumin seeds and mustard seeds all mixed together).
- When the mustard seeds crackle add the bay leaf, remaining chopped ginger , slit green chilliesand the broken red chillies. fry for 2 minutes and pour over the dal.mix thoroughly. serve hot.