Samsung has launched its Galaxy Mega smartphone in India today. One has a 5.8-inch screen and another has a 6.3-inch screen (diagonally). The 5.8-inch screen version costs Rs 25,100, while the 6.3-inch screen version will cost Rs 31,490.
Key technical specifications of the Galaxy Mega 6.3 are as follows: It runs Android 4.2 version of Jelly Bean. The smartphone has an 8 megapixel rear camera and a 1.9 megapixel front camera. The device supports NFC, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and 3G networks. It has 8GB Internal Memory, with a micro SD slot which has 64GB as maximum limit. Th RAM is 1.5 GB and in terms of processing speed it has a 1.7 Ghz dual-core processor.
The Mega 5.8 has pretty much the same specifications except that it has a 1.4Ghz dual-core processor and yes, a 5.8-inch screen. The 5.8 inch device is a DUAL-SIM smartphone.
The 6.3-inch version smartphone camera comes loaded with features which are similar to the ones in Galaxy S4. These include Sound and Shot, Dual-Photos, Story Album, etc.
Samsung India has also tied up with RCOM and Vodafone. RCOM customers get 2GB of data per month free for a period of 3 months as well as unlimited access to Big flicks, WhatsApp, Twitter and Facebook. Vodafone users will get 2GB of data per month free for 2 months.
Other features that the devices have are:
• ‘Samsung WatchON’ which converts the smartphone into a television remote control.
• ‘Samsung Link’ which allows users to stream photos, videos, notes, or music to their television, tablet or computer.
• ‘Group Play’ enables ontent sharing for up to 8 devices (Samsung devices that support/have the feature ) on the same Wi-Fi network.
• ‘S Translator’ provides instant translation, using text or voice translation on applications including email.
• The smartphones also support AirView feature which allows users to preview content without actually clicking or touching on the device itself.