Crisp Chicken Wings
Oriental style chicken wings in spicy marinade, twice fried.Very tasty way to make wings. You can dip them in your favorite sauce when baked or they are yummy as is.
- 6 chicken wings-pricked in 2-3 places
- 1 egg-slightly beaten
- 1 cup cornstarch / cornflour
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp salt
- oil for deep-frying
- Mix together the chicken, egg, cornflour, garlic and ginger paste, 1 tsp salt and enough water so that the chicken pieces are `coated’ with the batter.
- Leave thus about 1 an hour.
- Heat the oil and deep-fry the chicken wings over high heat to begin with and then lower the heat till wings are almost cooked through.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Just before serving, heat the oil again and fry the wings in hot oil till brown, drain on absorbent paper and serve.